Friday, March 20, 2009

as you like it

in new york, we got to go to the society of illustrators, a really inspiring art gallery.. the works i liked the most were the ones where the mediums were kind of "interdisciplinary" if you will; a work considered illustration that contained elements of graphic design or painting. maybe i just have a natural affinity to mixed media, but i think incorporating these different elements into one piece makes it so interesting. my favorites were by a guy named edel rodriquez. i just love the simplicity, boldness, and organic feel of his artwork. as you like itraisin in the sun


the more time i spend around art/artists, the more i feel it's calling in my own life. while this may seem like a good thing, it's taken me long enough to create my plans for next year and i'm really not trying to start over! i know that the market for artists isn't at it's peak in today's economy. but, the prospect of maybe, just maybe, being able to make a living by making art is incredibly appealing.

1 comment:

  1. my dad keeps telling me to become a nurse or a lawyer cause he says thats where the money is. im like "hell naw dad ima follow my passions like mr duffy told me to."
    just be confident that as long as you do what you truly want to do, you will be successful is many ways!!

    ReplyDelete

 

tardive dyskinesia